By Michael Skok / partner at _Underscore.VC, EIR at Harvard Business School
What if you could travel to your future success as an entrepreneur and come back as a startup, enriched with the frameworks and understanding to guide your team to build a great company?
That was our vision a few years ago when we began developing Startup Secrets in conjunction with the Harvard Innovation Lab. Since then we’ve worked with hundreds of exceptional entrepreneurs to develop Startup Secrets: a series of workshops, case studies and articles that cover some of the key areas that entrepreneurs and innovators have to think through as they build their businesses.
The results have surprised us, with more than 5 million hours of viewing and hundreds of thousands of online engagements as well as thousands of offline entrepreneurs who have participated and contributed to the program. The inspiration of what many of you have shared has caused us to continue working hard for our news below.
“Thanks for all your teachings, they have been the single biggest contributor to company revenue…” — Timothy
“LOVE the program you have built… highly recommend this to new and serial entrepreneurs.” — Andrew
“This is so great! Pure ecstasy for any entrepreneur.” — Daniel
“Your site/videos have proven to be INVALUABLE” — Andraz
And now you can enjoy the new Startup Secrets home. Here are some topics you’ll find there to get you going:
- Developing a roadmap to success that helps budding entrepreneurs identify their first steps and path to follow through the entire life of their company.
- How to build a compelling value proposition Make it real by following these 4 steps.
- Turning a product into a company to grow that minimum viable product, or MVP, into something much more valuable in the long-run by identifying a Minimum Viable Segment (MVS).
- Hiring A+ talent to propel your company and take 3 steps to make hires that fit.
- Creating game changing business models to be just as disruptive as the technology that you’ve developed.
- Finding the right path to go to market through applying an overall strategic and tactical framework, along with numerous case examples.
Plus many additional units.
Thank you all for your prior support! We have a lot, lot more to do to realize our dream of building practical, digestible content and a site that will empower entrepreneurs to be their best. But as a first step on that journey, we’re excited to unveil this new site. (Special thanks to Tanner Elvidge on our team @underscorevc who had the vision and led the hard work to make this new site happen.) We look forward to you visiting, engaging with the content, commenting and signing up for the new weekly newsletter.
And if you want us to also keep posting future Startup Secrets here on Linked IN, just click the like button or leave a comment below.
Michael partners with entrepreneurs, underscoring them from inception to market leader. He is fortunate to have backed and built teams that have created billions of dollars of value while focusing on large, market-changing technologies and disruptive business models such as SaaS, Cloud Computing, Open Source and in areas such as eCommerce, Big Data as well as in the Infrastructure that supports these Applications. Investments include Acquia, Actifio, Apperian, Cazena, Demandware(NYSE:DWRE), Mautic, Revolution Analytics (recently acquired by Microsoft), Salsify and Zaius.
Michael is a co-founder and partner at _Underscore.VC where you can follow his investments @underscorevc. Follow Michael personally on LinkedIn, Twitter his Harvard Innovation Lab class, Startup Secrets.