If you have an older desktop or laptop computer, there’s a good chance you’re not fully taking advantage of your home wireless network. Are slow downloads upsetting you? Believe it or not, your ISP might not be to blame. Instead, your computer might just not have a modern Wi-Fi card capable of faster transfer speeds. Lucky for you, the solution is insanely cheap. Check out the Edimax EW-7811Un 150Mbps 11n Wi-Fi USB Adapter, which is lightning-fast and so small you’ll forget it’s even there.
Here are the key details:
- Supports 150 Mbps 802.11n Wireless data rate – the latest wireless standard. Permits users to have the farthest range with the widest coverage. (Up to 6 times the speed and 3 times the coverage of 802.11b.).
- Power Saving designed to support smart transmit power control and auto-idle state adjustment
- Supports WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia) Standard so that you can let different types of data have higher priority. It would allows better streaming of real-time data such as Video, Music, Skype etc
- Includes multi-language EZmax setup wizard
- Spec Standards IEEE 802.11n; backward compatible with 802.11b/g Wi-Fi Certified. Security 64/128 bit WEP Encryption and WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK security; WPS compatible IEEE 802.1X
- Port 1 x 2.0 USB Type A. Wireless Data Rates Up to 150 Mbps. Modulation OFDM: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, DSSS. Frequency Band 2.4GHz – 2.4835GHz. Antenna internal chip antenna
- Channels (FCC) 2.4GHz : 1~11. Power Input USB Port (Self-Powered). Dimensions 0.28″ x 0.59″ x 0.73″. Temperature 0 -40 degree C (32-104 degree F). Humidity 10 ~ 90% Non-Condensing. System XP/Vista/Win7, Mac, Linux