Women nowadays are becoming noticed more and more for their exceptional success in the tendentially male dominated corporate world of global business. A number of successful women have finally been able to walk up the corporate ladder, arriving at high ranking positions in some of the most renowned corporations of the world.
Women have shown the world how they are great business leaders, and how their approach to business is strikingly different from men, due to their unique skills and leadership approach.
Intelligenthq has assembled a list of quotes by some of the most powerful women in the world.
1. “Be First And Be Lonely.” Ginni Rometty, Chairwoman and CEO of IBM
2. “There is nothing like a concrete life plan to weigh you down. Because if you always have one eye on some future goal, you stop paying attention the the job at hand, miss opportunities that might arise, and stay fixedly on one path, even when a better, newer course might have opened up. “ Indra Nooyi, CEO of PepsiCo
3.“I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo!
4. “With kids, they don’t do what you want them to do when you want them to do it. Organizations don’t necessarily, either. You’ve got to listen. You’ve got to learn how to influence.” Ellen J. Kullman, CEO of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company in Wilmington and a former director of General Motors
5. “Our emerging workforce is not interested in command-and-control leadership. They don’t want to do things because I said so; they want to do things because they want to do them.” Irene Rosenfeld, CEO of Mondelēz International
6. “Just as my mother said, ‘You can do anything if you put your mind to it, you work hard and you take that responsibility,’ and I think that that would be my message.” Marillyn Hewson, President and CEO of Lockheed Martin
7. “You can and should set your own limits and clearly articulate them. This takes courage, but it is also liberating and empowering, and often earns you new respect.” Rosalind Brewer, President and CEO of Sam’s Club, a division of Wal-Mart Stores Inc
8.“The bigger we get the easier it is.” Safra Catz, Co-President and CFO at Oracle Corporation
9. “Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.” Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook
10. “Ninety percent of this stuff is just not that serious, we get crazy about it.” Ursula Burns, CEO of Xerox